documentation you will receive

The Registrar will send you these documents:

  • GR021* – gives permission for burial / cremation application. Pre-Covid, this would have been given to you when registering a death, but it is now sent directly to the funeral director.
  • 36/BD8 REGISTRATION OF DEATH – for social security purposes. If the deceased received a State Pension / other benefits, fill out and return to the Social Security Agency.
  • DEATH CERTIFICATE – (£) needed by will executor / administrator / for pension claims, insurance policies / bank accounts etc. Advisable to buy at least 2 copies. (Additional copies bought later will be more expensive).
Registering A Death