a death at home

If a loved one dies at home:

  • Contact their doctor / out of hours doctor. (If cremation is preferred– tell the doctor.) Usually a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (MCCD) will be issued to you.
  • Phone s.clarke+son to arrange removal of the deceased. (contact details above)
  • Phone the Council for an appointment to register death. (any UK local council)
  • Phone s.clarke+son to make arrangements. We will guide you through the rest of the process. (Drop in: Grave Lease, if you have it and clothing to be worn in the coffin .)

Ards & N. Down Borough Council– 03000 133 333  
Ards: ext 40720 | Bangor: ext 40784

Other Councils: NI | Scotland | England & Wales